[3830] NCCC Sprint KY4F LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Thu Apr 29 20:14:14 PDT 2010

                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - April 30

Call: KY4F
Operator(s): KY4F
Station: KY4F

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Alabama
Operating Time (hrs): .5

   80:   5      4
   40:  14     11
   20:   5      2
Total:  24     17  Total Score = 408

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Comments:

Earlier today I read the specific definition of what is required re that "final
QSO."  Then I saw the question about, what if the call sign sent by the
soliciting station at say, 02:59:55 (for example) is a busted call?  I thought,
how often can that happen?  Son of a gun..... tonight my last Q was with Dave,
N5DO who unfortunately had the last letter of my call wrong.  I had answered
his CQ and he replied with my (busted call) at 02:59:57!  He needed fills on my
call, number, and name....  real big signal I have!  hi hi.  Anyway, our Q
wrapped up at about 03:00:25.. So, I leave it to the rules guru's on whether
its good Q or not!  Sorry Dave for my pip squeak signal on 80.

Speaking of that, I plan more antenna work this weekend.  Currently I have a
30ft free standing vertical which looks amazingly like a flag pole.  Complete
with halyard, flag, and pulley truck.  Works fairly well on 40, but 80 sure
suffers.  Plan to attach a wire at the top and run it over to a tree about
50-60 feet away creating an inverted L.  Hopefully that will help some.

Thanks once again for the Q's and great fun.

73, Doug
KY4F