[3830] NCCC Sprint K6VVA LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Thu Apr 29 21:41:52 PDT 2010

                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - April 30

Call: K6VVA
Operator(s): K6VVA
Station: K6VVA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Locust Peak (Remote)
Operating Time (hrs): .5

  160:   1      1
   80:   9      4
   40:  16     12
   20:  21     14
Total:  47     31  Total Score = 1,457

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

As others have commented, I found all the bands noisy tonight.  20m was not as
good as last week and folks bailed early. I left 40m too early I to a real
noisy grind on 80m, but congrats to Super Ears N3BB for pulling me out of the
muck (and for his great score).  Went to 160m too early expecting to at least
find the West Coast crowd but just CQ'd and CQ'd when I should have stayed on
80m. My SO1.1R was not cutting the mustard here tonight.

K6NV called me on 160m just before the end, but I QLF'd pushing the right
button to get me back from calling N6RO on 80m, and by the time I could send
K6NV, the clock had just passed 03:00:00 so had to pass.  Sorry 'bout that,
Bob.

A few remote glitches/hangups tonight possibly due to my neighbor's trees
growing and now obstructing my line of sight to Locust Peak.  Time to
renegotiate for trimming their trees back :^)

Glad to see NCCC'er W6EU show up tonight, and some other new calls, but sorry I
missed working many of the NS Regulars I didn't even hear tonight.

73 & Tnx for the Q's & Mults...

Rick, K6VVA * The Locust