[3830] NAQP CW ZF2DO(N5DO) Single Op LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Aug 8 09:10:51 PDT 2010

                    North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: ZF2DO
Operator(s): N5DO
Station: ZF2DO

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: ZF

  160:    9     7
   10:    3     2
-------------------
Total: 1034   194  Total Score = 200,596

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Team: Summertime Blues Cure #2

Comments:

Thanks to the Cayman Amateur Radio Society, and particularly ZF1EJ, for the use
of their club station with my K3.  My XYL loves to vacation in ZF, and the
ability for me to contest makes it perfect.  Also, K6AM deserves thanks for all
the time he has spent upgrading and keeping the antennas working.

I knew my problem, with SO1R, would be getting mults.  I worked out a plan to
use the memories on the K3 for quick moves to other bands, but it didn't work
too well.  In particular many of my moves were unsuccessful, resulting in a
real bump in my running ability.  The average length of time between my last
QSO while running and the next one after an unsuccessful attempt at moving
someone to another band was about 3 minutes.  And every time an unsuccessful
move was attempted, I lost my original run frequency.  It seemed better
(faster) if the move was successful.

10M never really opened here.  One of my 10M QSOs was with N4OGW who I ended up
working on 6 bands.

I also made a tactical error in taking my last break with two hours to go so I
could end the contest on 80 and 160.  However, there were very few people on
the last hour, and especially the last 30 minutes.

Despite all that it was great to be a rare mult in this contest.  There were
some great runs, causing the adrenaline to flow.

Thanks for all the fun!