[3830] IARU RM5A M/S HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Aug 9 20:19:33 PDT 2010

                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: RM5A
Operator(s): RD3BW,RA3AJ,RU4WA,SV2KBS,F5CDE,K7ZSD
Station: RM5A

Class: M/S HP
QTH:

   40:   268     2     17      14
   20:   565   813     35      26
   15:   303   147     14      19
   10:    28     5      5       3
-------------------------------------
Total:  1164   967     71      62  Total Score = 982,737

What a great time! Many thanks to Igor, RD3BW for hosting us for the IARU
contest during our travel to Russia for the WRTC.  Also to Valery, RA3AJ, for
driving my wife Ruth, Brad K7ZSD, Natalie F5CDE, and the young Victoria SV2KBS,
from the WRTC site to the Dacha of Igor 150 km distance. We split the operating
between all of us with Valery, Sergey, and Victoria on CW, and Natalie and me
on SSB.  We had a great station with several beams, a couple of amps, and a K3
all in a beautiful pine cottage in rural Russia. With only one operator at a
time, we had great conversation, food, and drink. A fun time had by all. After
the contest on Sunday, Igor and friends put on a delicious Russian barbeque
dinner with all the trimmings.

Thank you again for the Russian hospitality and generosity. Our time together
was just great fun, lots of laughing, good contest talk, some Russian drink,
and yes, some operating.

73s
Brad  R3/K7ZSD