[3830] NAQP CW WI9WI Single Op LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Fri Aug 13 19:05:15 PDT 2010

                    North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: WI9WI
Operator(s): WI9WI
Station: WI9WI

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: WI

  160:    0     0
   80:    0     0
Total:  574   134  Total Score = 76,916

Club:

Team: SMC #1

Comments:

This started out pretty well. Twenty was good and I kept listening on the second
radio until 15 opened, then picked off some mults. Ten opened strongly to the
southeast, but there wasn't much volume there. Forty was very noisy, and it
kept getting stronger. I knew we were in for some storms. When I heard
thunder I pulled the big switch to wait it out. We had a very serious cell come
over, which lasted 2 hours. The power went out after about an hour and never
came back on until the next morning, so I was QRT with well over 2 and a half
hours of time on the table, and zero QSOs or mults on 80 and 160. That's the
way it goes sometimes. A worker from the local power company was electrocuted
about 5 miles from my QTH Sunday repairing damage from the storm.

73

Jim