[3830] NCCC Sprint K4BAI LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Fri Aug 20 06:02:42 PDT 2010

                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - Aug 20

Call: K4BAI
Operator(s): K4BAI
Station: K4BAI

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: GA

  160:   0      0
   80:   9      8
   40:  22     17
   20:  14     10
Total:  45     35  Total Score = 1,575

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

FT1000MP, TH6DXX, dipole, zepp.  Thanks to K1TO, KU8E, and K4ETY, my rotor was
replaced with a new Ham IV last weekend.  The tower was lowered and new low
guys were attached.  Thanks to KU8E for selling me a new M2 five element six
meter yagi and it was mounted above the TH6.  Top guy wires have been cut, but
they need to be installed, the tower raised, and the top guys tightened.  But,
the TH6DXX has been working very well and it is great to be able to turn the
antenna.  During NS, 20M seemed very good and 40 was good too.  But, when 0230Z
rolled around, 20 went to pot.  I got a very slow start and missed a lot of
mults on 20M.  40M was OK and I made up some ground there.  80M was a bit
noisy, but activity was good.  160M will have to wait for installation of a new
inverted L.  I have been using the 80M antenna on 160 as a "t" vertical, but
KU8E also installed a new Six Pak for me last weekend trying to get the SO2R
setup going again and it is mounted outside the house wall, so changing the 80M
coax to go to 160M isn't really practical in a short contest.  Both Alpha amps
are off line and will be off to N4UQ for repairs.  In the meantime, I will be
using my AL811H for high power operations.  Thanks for the QSOs last night and
I am looking forward to next week already.  73, John, K4BAI.