[3830] NAQP SSB VA7ST Single Op LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sat Aug 21 23:27:22 PDT 2010

                    North American QSO Party, SSB - August

Call: VA7ST
Operator(s): VA7ST
Station: VA7ST

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: BC

   80:   22     5
Total:  266    68  Total Score = 18,088

Club: British Columbia DX Club

Team: Aurora Busters

Comments:

A rough day on the radio. I did better than last August (about 80 more QSOs, but
9 fewer mults, all missed on 20M). It sure was a lot of work for small
results... 20M was so poor I ended up taking an extra 2 hours off, so ended up
with 8 hours on.

Missed lots of close-in mults on 40M... WA, OR, ID, MT, NV, all of which are
usually quite workable, but the band was just too long. Then all I could get on
80M were BC, AB, WA, OR and CA -- the only "DX" I heard was W5WMU in LA, who was
loud here but I couldn't even get a QRZ?

Worked Aurora Busters teammates Ken VO1KVT in NL on 20M, and Ken VE7BC in BC on
80M.

Thanks for the contacts and for hanging in there with those QSB and QRN hits.

-- Bud VA7ST
http://www3.telus.net/va7st

              QSOs Mults   Score
2010 August    266   68   18,088