[3830] NAQP SSB KT4ZB Single Op LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Aug 22 08:22:54 PDT 2010

                    North American QSO Party, SSB - August

Call: KT4ZB
Operator(s): KT4ZB
Station: KT4ZB

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Savannah

   15:   19     1
Total:  456    89  Total Score = 40,584

Club: South East Contest Club

Team: SECC Firecrackers

Comments:

You had'da be a conteter to enjoy this one.  First - the station worked like a
charm; but, mother nature and the propagation gods were nasty. Worse score for
NAQP from this station.  Hoped for 15m and 10m, nothing on 10m and kept
checking 15m.  Finally heard some noise and thought o'boy!  Worked a CA; then
called and was jumped by about 15 stations, all CA.  One said, the only East
Coast worked was GA and FL.  Late on 20m an AK fellow said nothing ever heard
on 15m.  About 7pm a large lightning storm worked its way through so off went
the rig, unplugged antennas and went for long dinner break.  Started back up on
20m and the rain sounded like a freight train on the beam and 40m and 80m were
fillen with QRN.  Was pointed North late and was called by a HB9 who wanted to
chat (only Europe that ever called); then was called by a very loud HI3 on the
back of the beam for my only other NA country.  Things quieted down some late;
but, by then it was too late.  I think the weather and noise kept a lot of the
casual folks off 80m and I didn't even try 160m.  Quit at midnight with 8.5
hours.

Thanks for all the Q's, lots of 2 and 3 band folks.

Best - Jere