[3830] NAQP SSB W5WMU M/2 LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Aug 23 19:54:25 PDT 2010

                    North American QSO Party, SSB - August

Call: W5WMU
Operator(s): W5WMU, KI5XP, KI5VO
Station: W5WMU

Class: M/2 LP
QTH: Lafayette, La

   20: 1019    60
   15:   30    10
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total: 2084   189  Total Score = 393,876

Club: Louisiana Contest Club

Team:

Comments:

Seemed like the high bands just never opened for us.  No Q's on 10 and only 30
on 15M just isnt getting it done.  Where's the sunspots?

Great contest as usual though, and great talking with the guys over at NX5M and
W5KFT after the contest.  M/2 is really fun and I would definitely recommend it
to anyone.

Early shift to 40m because of the slow q's on 15 probably cost us.  A few more
mults might have made up for the loss of q's on 20.  It seemed as though 20
started good and then just kind of started duping.  I switched to 40 and Pat
moved over to 20, then picked up on the run again.  We topped 300+ an hour for
a  short bit at the beginning but never saw it close to that again.

Congrats to the guys in Tx for the 2010 sweep.  We got our plaque in for August
2009 back a few weeks ago and it sure was nice to know we won the "ulti-two"
category.  Must be a new one?  :)

We welcomed a hopefully new contester in KI5VO.  Craig monitored 10 and 15 for
us the entire evening to see if it opened up.  Now to get the high band
antennas ready for next time around, we'll get him operating!

Thanks for the Q's everyone!

Charlie
KI5XP