[3830] CQWW CW MD2C(MD0CCE) SOAB(A) HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Wed Dec 1 23:50:19 PST 2010

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: MD2C
Operator(s): MD0CCE
Station: MD0CCE

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: Isle of Man

  160:  408    14       60
   80:  830    23       84
   40:  858    34      113
   20:  543    33      104
   15:  582    34      102
   10:  199    17       55

Club: Chiltern DX Club

Comments:

Wow!  That was fun!  Certainly the best contest on the calendar!

Ten meters was very dull until the very selective opening on Sunday evening,
when it became very exciting as you didn't know how long it would last.  There
were some good solid signals from North America (finally on ten meters!) but
very few and only from certain areas.

I had set two goals for the contest: >3,000 QSOs and >3M points, both achieved
with a bonus of more than 100 countries on 3 bands for the first time.  The
contest also showed me a number of areas for improvement for next time - mostly
operator improvement points!

Thanks to all who had QSOs with me, and sorry for one particularly dozy pileup
on 40m near the end when I almost fell asleep while running!  And thanks to the
organizers for a super contest!

73, Bob  MD0CCE

FTDX-9000D, Quadra
4-el SteppIR w/40m element up 80ft/24m