[3830] CQWW CW SN3A(SP3HLM) SOSB/80 HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sat Dec 4 13:47:11 PST 2010

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: SN3A
Operator(s): SP3HLM
Station: SP3GEM

Class: SOSB/80 HP
QTH:

   80: 2270    36      139
Total: 2770    36      139  Total Score = 903,175

Club: SP DX Club

Comments:

SP3GEM station Op: SP3HLM

Equipment:
FT-1000MP + PA, TS-830
5 verticals, dipole
8 beverages 150-250m long
5 beverages 60-80m long with the possibility of listening while transmitting
Too bad my TS-830 does not have CAT

VE6WZ called very early which predicted good openings to W6, W7 and KL7.
Lots of stations from zone 3 but no KL7 in the log. Several stations from
KH6, the first was KH7X. No zones 1, 23, 34 and 38, but apparently zones 1
and 38 were available. The is the first contest that D4C was not worked.
As we know, his signal in Europe is 599 plus 20 dB. Maybe that's why he
wasn't found. Several stations from XE, the was XE1V who called at 01Z
already. Good signals from XE1GRR, XE1MM, XE1KK, XE2YWH. From CE two
stations were worked, CE3G and CE4CT. From zone 29 the always reliable
VK6DXI, VK6AA and VK6HD were worked, with VK6IR missing for a complete set.
Good LP opening to ZL, the first to call was ZM1A. After the first night
(1/2 night) over 1000 QSO's were in the log, of that 50 percent of the
stations were from the US.

Thanks to everyone who was called and my apologies to those who I did not
reply to because of QRM or my receive antennas. See you in the next
contest!

-- Czeslaw SP3HLM
http://sp3gem.smoczyk.pl/