[3830] ARRL 160 AD6ZJ M/S HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Dec 5 06:48:14 PST 2010

                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: AD6ZJ
Operator(s): AD6ZJ
Station: AD6ZJ

Class: M/S HP
QTH:

Total:  QSOs = 201  Sections = 67  Countries = 11  Total Score = 34,398

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

With my postage stamp lot and my 500W home brew amp and pine tree mounted 1/8
wave vertical I set several goals:
1) Work my 3 remaining states for WAS 160M (AL, CT, RI) - DONE
2) Work all states (never done this on a single band contest), missed 2. I can
understand missing VT but MS should have been easy. I did work more sections
then in any previous 160M test at 67. Sections missed included some that should
have been easy:MS, ORG, WTX, PR, WCF, SFL. How I missed ORG I cant figure out. I
can hit ORG on ground wave and it was the only CA section I missed.
3) See if my fence mounted (though the neighborhood) beverage antenna would
help snag some additional DX.  It did help pull out several weak ones including
TF4X. Picked up several additional new ones including BV100.

I didn't work a single EU station, AGAIN! Not much action in the Caribbean
either but I found Asiatic Russia several times and easily worked them. Not a
single JA in the log this year.

Just a casual operation. M/S because I used packet.
I like the 160M contest because the QSB forces everyone to slow down which
makes it much easier to copy.