[3830] ARRL 160 N5UM Single Op LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Dec 5 08:02:22 PST 2010

                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: N5UM
Operator(s): N5UM
Station: N5UM

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Edmond, OK

Total:  QSOs = 355  Sections = 70  Countries = 4  Total Score = 53,650

That was fun!   Was finally able to strung up a somewhat effective antenna for
160.  Not good enough to work much DX (except for a few Caribbean), but better
than no 160m antenna at all or trying to base load my 6BTV.   It's an Alpha
Delta shortened sloper (2 coils in it) made to be tower mounted and top fed,
but I have no tower so I'm feeding it at ground level.  The end is tossed up
into a tree at about 35 ft.   Only 4 radials - need to add more.   Thanks to
everyone that dug my weak signal out of the noise.

73 to all,

Al N5UM  (the OK Top Band Whisper)