[3830] ARRL 160 N1UR Single Op LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Dec 5 08:09:35 PST 2010

                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: N1UR
Operator(s): N1UR
Station: N1UR

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: VT

Total:  QSOs = 975  Sections = 77  Countries = 35  Total Score = 241,467

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Nice conditions.  I would have said "great" conditions but the word great was
defined by the 2010 CQ WW CW and this was not nearly at that level.  But still,
I was able to have many more EU call my CQs than the last 2 times I did this
contest seriously.

My goal was 200,000 and 1,000 Qs and to "have fun".  Didn't quite hit the 1,000
Qs mark but ended up blowing away the 200,000 level, primarily on the strength
of additional EU mults and a fair amount of EU calls to CQ (I am guessing about
75 EU in the log and about 50 calling in).

Missed EW, NT, and SDG.  Amazingly, WTX and MB, both called in back to back in
the last 90 mins I worked the contest 1030 - 1200Z Sunday.

The USA record for this contest is 267k gross score.  I believe if I was more
profecient at this contest, the record was reachable this year from W1 but,
alas, it was not to be.  The USA/VE record is 309k set by K1PX at VY2PX.  I do
not believe this is breakable without a "Major" EU run of at least 200.  Would
that have been possible had this contest happened a week earlier?  Possibly..of
course we will never know.

Had a good time.  Thanks for the Qs.

Ed  N1UR