[3830] ARRL 160 N6WM Single Op HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Dec 5 09:59:50 PST 2010

                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: N6WM
Operator(s): N6WM
Station: N6WM

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Brentwood, CA

Total:  QSOs = 233  Sections = 56  Countries = 4  Total Score = 26,432

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Operating from the home qth little pistol...

N6ML had the N6RO station for this one, and with predicted rain at K6LRG didnt
want to commit to going to the hill, so wasnt planning to operate much,
initially got on to throw out some q's to locals, but ended up throwing q's out
to 56 sections mostly running and operating unassisted with half a gallon amp.
I am astounded at how well this antenna worked this weekend, condx domesticlly
seemed quite good!

Honestly gang, if you could see the heavily compromized inverted L I was using
in my postage stamp lot you would wonder how I could work outside my
neighborhood!  I never expected to get callers from the east coast, and south
like I was.  anyways.. FB.

I will be operating the N6RO station next week for my annual serious BIC effort
in ARRL 10m.  Hope that band is equally interesting as 160 this year with some
sunspots, wrapping up the ARRL "extreme" band contest series ;-)

N6WM Home little Pistol station op conditions:
Elecraft K3/100
Ameritron AL811H running about 600w Peak
Inverted L (bend at 30ft and across my roof, over to my chimney then back down
into the yard ;-))  2 above ground radials tacked to the top of my fence
encircling my house

73 and Seeya next week on 10m!

Chris
N6WM