[3830] ARRL 160 FO8RZ Single Op HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Dec 5 10:16:27 PST 2010

                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: FO8RZ
Operator(s): FO8RZ
Station: FO8RZ

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Tahiti
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  QSOs = 45  Sections = 34  Countries = 0  Total Score = 1

Rules of this contest

6. Miscellaneous:

6.1.The segment 1.830 to 1.835 should be used for intercontinental QSOs only.

Too many times, some US stations were calling CQ on this frequencies. So for
very weak sigs (like mine), it is very difficult and everybody is loosing DX.

I admit that my main goal was to progress in my 160 WAS, and not to participate
to this contest. So I decided to auto-spot myself on the cluster. I gave FO
multis to many stations.

Impossible to call stations below 1830 due to our bad bad bad bandplan in FO.

It was a very exciting experience.
I was chatting on the cluster with OH3XR at the same time and he told live if
he was hearing me or not. One of the first time my sigs arrived in Europe.
But I couldn't hear him.

The log will be sent as checklog.

All the best from Tahiti

FO8RZ Phil