[3830] ARRL 160 K3STX Single Op HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Dec 5 12:17:09 PST 2010

                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: K3STX
Operator(s): K3STX
Station: K3STX

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: MDC

Total:  QSOs = 708  Sections = 73  Countries = 28  Total Score = 153,924

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Lot's of fun, I managed to get in lots of time, operated till about 0800Z each
morning. I thought the band was GREAT, conditions the first night might have
been a little quieter here on the first night, second night had more QRN.

I now know I have to do SOMETHING better for RX antenna. I could work
(eventually) every DX station I called, but I guess I could not hear much. I
have couple of months to work this out. Biggest surprise was having MD), OZ7,
and PA3 stations actually call ME while I was running. Thanks guys, you have
great ears.

I am not much of a 160 meter DXer, but even little 'ol me knows that US
stations should honor the DX window and not call CQ between 1830 and 1835 kc.
Shame on you guys for doing it! I made it a point not to call you.

See you in the big one in February.

paul

Kenwood TS-850S, 400 watt amp, inverted L (70 feet vertical, 60 feet
horizontal)
120' long Beverage to Europe (it actually HELPED for Europe!)