[3830] ARRL 160 W9RE Single Op HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Dec 5 15:12:34 PST 2010

                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: W9RE
Operator(s): W9RE
Station: W9RE

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: IN

Total:  QSOs = 1200  Sections = 77  Countries = 35  Total Score = 292,320

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

For the first time in probably 10 years+, I had absolutely no noise problems on
160.  And I have not operated this contest seriously in probably 15 or 20
years.  I thought I might do a serious effort this time but after the 1st day
it just wasn't in me to slog it out for the second day with very low rates.

It started out nice rate wise with hours of 177, 147, 132, 114, 107 etc. for
864 Q's in the first 7 hours.  I operated the first 15 hours minus a 2 hour
break and then just a little bit on Saturday night. Had 1150 Q's first night.

I had 65-5 pointers the first night probably the most I've ever had.  I was up
for the early morning but no Pacific or JA.