[3830] ARRL 160 K1NK Single Op LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Dec 6 07:05:15 PST 2010

                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: K1NK
Operator(s): K1NK
Station: K1NK

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: NNJ

Total:  QSOs = 684  Sections = 67  Countries = 14  Total Score = 114,453

I had high hopes for good prop with the indices all pointing that way. The
potential for good conditiond were impaired by high noise levels, even though
there were no obvious storms. I'm convinced that casual ops throw in the towel
early when their ears start to bleed, unlike us crazies that hammer through. I
don't think I would have lasted more than one night without the K9AY loops!

Improved my score from 2009, but still missed a bunch of DX and workable
sections. It doesn't help when HP US stations camp in the window, you know who
you are. Recent rig improvements have really cleaned up the hard keying and key
klicks were far better than a few years ago. West coast and CA was very workable
this year for a change. Missed SF, SDG, SCV, and LAX, but I did hear all but LAX
working others.

Thanks or the Qs. Happy holidays to all and see you in the Stew!

73,

Jim - K1NK