[3830] ARRL 160 K8SIA Single Op LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Dec 6 14:31:18 PST 2010

                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: K8SIA
Operator(s): K8SIA
Station: K8SIA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MI

Total:  QSOs = 401  Sections = 58  Countries = 6  Total Score = 52,672

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Clock shows 9 hours of on time. Spent several hours at sunset
and sunrise each day. Had four good runs with
rates between 60 and 90 per hour. Fun for a LP station.
Worked 46 of the 48 lower states. Never heard KH or KL.
Worked VE1,2,3,7 and missed the rest.

Need to improve my BIC time. However, as the years add up I find
I need to sleep more. I planned to get up at 5AM both mornings,
but at 5, I decided 6 was OK and at 6:30, I finally made it up.

My senior moment, was when I was called by K8SVT and hearing
the K8S, I thought he was sending my call and my brain died. My brain
kicked at the end when part of it said, “It wasn’t SIA” being sent.
Scrambled and botched that one for a few seconds.

All in all, I had fun. All of my west coast, VE7 and Rocky Mountain states
called me while I was CQing.

Back for some 10 meter time and the TBDC later this month.

73 â€" Jim â€" K8SIA