[3830] ARRL 10 KT8K SO CW QRP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Dec 12 16:24:44 PST 2010

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: KT8K
Operator(s): KT8K
Station: KT8K

Class: SO CW QRP
QTH: EN82cg SE MI
Operating Time (hrs): 2:49

   CW:  39     11
  SSB:   0      0
-------------------
Total:  39     11  Total Score = 1,716

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Wasn't on much, but missed any big openings.  Heard an OE3 for an instant Sat.
AM, ZS1EL for a moment Sunday AM, a number of the Caribbean and South American
big guns in the afternoon, and felt like I worked all FL :-).

Interestingly, the skip got shorter and shorter Sunday afternoon, at first the
West Coast but then they were gone, and later I could only hear KS, SD, and CO
plus a few Texans.  At one point Sunday I heard K8MM very clearly perhaps 60
miles away but then he fluttered and faded out after a few minutes.  It was an
interesting contest but the conditions were certainly rough.  Without a
directional antenna I did the best I could in the few minutes I had available.

Thanks to all who listened hard for us little guys, and see you in the next
one!
73 & best rx to all de kt8k - Tim
(Gosh darn do I want a big tower!
http://www.youtube.com/themandolinmaniac#p/u/6/uNWZjzrzgwA)