[3830] ARRL 10 NN3W SO Mixed LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Dec 12 17:30:22 PST 2010

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: NN3W
Operator(s): NN3W
Station: NN3W

Class: SO Mixed LP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs):

   CW:   83    26
  SSB:   23     8
-------------------
Total:  106    34  Total Score = 12,852

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

NN3W wrote:

Wow. What a weekend.  Stared out with the stack at JA and started off for the
first hour with a 140 clip.  JAs, BYs, UA0s, HLs, a couple DUs and YBs.  Mixed
in were some W7s and W6s.  Band started dropping by 0100z and was left with
some E-skip to the midwest and W0.

Band opened right at sunrise with deep EU runs.  Soon, some of the trans EQ
showed up with V5s, ZSs, 9J, etc.  Close to a 200 hour at 1400z.  Lots of DLs,
and UAs this time.

Started hearing the Caribbean and LUs - by the bucket full and it was tough to
keep one stack NE and one SE without feeling that I was missing something.
But, who is complaining?

As the sun moved west, the F2 moved more southerly and the northern Europeans
started fading out (no Aurora this year...oh well).  But still, lots of Is,
EAs, Fs, and an occasional CN or EA9.  By about 1900.....hang on

Mrs. NN3W interjects.....Phone for you

Mr. NN3W responds.....I can't talk right now, I'm writing a 3830 report.  Who
is it?

Mrs. NN3W replies.....Its 1990 on the phone.  It wants its 3830 report back...

Holy @#$&*$????  How could I forget?!?  Its 2010 when we're enjoying the fruits
of a SFI of and 87 and I have massive runs of stations in Maryland and Virginia
</sarcasm>

What the hell.  Talk about Le Fale (tnx, WM3O).  No major EU openings, few
major Eskip bonanzas, and no Pacific.

LL        EEEEEEEE     FFFFFFFF   AA      LL        EEEEEEEE
LL        EE           FF        AAAA     LL        EE
LL        EE           FF       AA  AA    LL        EE
LL        EE           FF      AA    AA   LL        EE
LL        EEEEEE       FFFFFF  AAAAAAAA   LL        EEEEEE
LL        EE           FF      AA    AA   LL        EE
LL        EE           FF      AA    AA   LL        EE
LL        EE           FF      AA    AA   LL        EE
LLLLLLLL  EEEEEEEE     FF      AA    AA   LLLLLLLL  EEEEEEEE

Will someone please wake me up when there are real conditions????