[3830] ARRL 10 PJ2T M/S HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Dec 12 17:35:18 PST 2010

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: PJ2T
Operator(s): W0CG K2PLF N4RV
Station: PJ2T

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Curacao

   CW: 1040   104
  SSB:  663    75
-------------------
Total: 1703   179  Total Score = 981,994

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

As I write this I'm thinking of WX0B, who had to cancel out on our operation at
PJ2T at the last minute to undergo some really horrible dental surgery. Best
wishes to Jay for lots of anesthetic and for a quick recovery. Also Jon, KL2A,
had been scheduled to be here but ended up diverting, hugely, to Bangladesh at
the last minute. Listen for him from S2 this week. Our thoughts are also with
PJ2T member W8WTS, who faces burn repair surgery in Cleveland on December 13 in
connection with an accident at PJ2T during CQWW CW. (No, it was not an RF
burn.)

After all that attrition Jack (N4RV), Marty (K2PLF) and I made it to the island
intact and had more fun than expected this weekend. The hoped for opening to
Europe never materialized and we managed only a tiny handful of Eur contacts
for a few minutes Saturday morning on CW. But the US openings were better than
we have seen in years, and it was fun to hear signals on 10 for a change, weak
and thready as most of them were. Thanks to Jack and Marty for making the long
trip down here and taking the chance that 10 meters would open at all.

Special congratulations to the Mexicans, who showed up in unexpected numbers to
activate the new Mexican state multipliers. This added a lot of spice to the
contest, and it's clear that he leadership in XE worked hard to get the troops
on the air. Thanks for being here.

We're halfway through the contest season now. We'll all go back to frozen-solid
North America for a few weeks of family, Christmas, and shoveling snow and see
you back on the air from PJ2T in the CQWW 160 CW contest, to be piloted by K8ND
and post-surgial W8WTS.

Thx also to K8ND and N4GG who walked us through a last-minute Writelog upgrade
on Friday so we could log the Mexican states properly.

Thanks to all the CCC members and leadership for their work and support as we
enter our second decade of contesting from Curacao, having never once in just
over 10 years missed a major contest. Come on down and operate with us in
2011!

Happy Holidays,

- Geoff, W0CG, W0CG/7, and PJ2DX