[3830] ARRL 10 VY2SS SO CW LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Dec 13 05:40:44 PST 2010

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: VY2SS
Operator(s): VY2SS
Station: VY2SS

Class: SO CW LP
QTH: PE

   CW:  158    55
  SSB:
-------------------
Total:  158    55  Total Score = 34,760

Club: Maritime Contest Club

Comments:

K3/P3 yagi at 57'

It was nice to log Europe on 10M again only if it was just a few.

I had periods on Saturday when I could only hear FL and TX and on Sunday when
it was only CO.

I did not work one W8 or W9 who was operating from their home state but worked
ZS1EL off the back of my beam. Figure that out.

The Elecraft P3 scope was a useful tool in this contest. I seldom had to touch
the VFO on the K3. I just hopped up and down the band from one signal to the
next with the P3. While copying one signal I could set the marker on the next
bump so whenever I was done it was just a tap to land on the next CQer.

-Robby
VY2SS