[3830] ARRL 10 N3UM SO CW HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Fri Dec 17 14:14:35 PST 2010

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: N3UM
Operator(s): N3UM
Station: N3UM

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: MD

   CW:  475    89
  SSB:
-------------------
Total:  475    89  Total Score = 169,100

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Correcting for the 7 XE states I worked (i.e. counting XE as one mult.), my best

result in this contest since 2004, and much better than my pitiful scores of
48.1 K
and 73.6 K in the sunspot-nadir years of '07 and '08.  In fact, near-identical

scores 3 years before and 3 years after the '07 minimum.  So, a few sunspots
are back.
I heard my first EU stations in this contest since working 2 in 2005.  Sat. AM
16 EU
stations in 9 countries called me between 1428 and 1536 Z; 3 more EUs and one
new EU country 1432-1458 Z Sun.  A lot of FL and TX stations via sporadic E.
Sun. 1635-1735 Z I found 10 new state and VE mults in the far west, I think via
F2.
I looked for ZL but never heard one.  Four ZS stations called me.  Missed RI,
VT, AK,
MT, NV, and UT but worked 8 VE provinces, my best since 2002.