[3830] RAC Winter BY1RX(VO1AU) SO Mixed HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sat Dec 18 22:35:33 PST 2010

                    RAC Winter Contest

Call: BY1RX
Operator(s): VO1AU
Station: BY1RX

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: Beijing

   40:  313              2
   20:   62     4        1         1
Total:  375     4        3         1  Total Score = 3,336

I had a frustrating time, as no band really opened to Canada.

I worked just ten Canadians: VE3EXY, VE3RM, VE7AHT, VE7CC, VE7GLX, VE7MID,
VE7OM, VE7YL, VA7DZ, VA7XX.

I had great hopes of some sort of opening.  VOACAP showed continuous
possibilities of 40m propagation to all of Canada from 0600 GMT through the end
of the contest, and a few three-hour periods of 20m propagation.  It was almost
completely wrong.  I became quite determined to ride out the slow hours,
waiting for the fabled openings to occur.  The few VEs I did hear were really
weak, so I stuck to CW for 90% of the contest.