[3830] 9A CW IZ3NVR SOAB QRP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Dec 19 06:15:00 PST 2010

                    Croatian CW Contest

Call: IZ3NVR
Operator(s): IZ3NVR
Station: IZ3NVR

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH: Treviso JN65EP

  160:   0      0
   80:  34     18
   40:  34     19
   20:  13      5
   15:   5      4
   10:   1      1
-------------------
Total:  87     47  Total Score = 11,938

Club: Worldwide Young Contesters

Comments:

Well what can I say...last year I took part to 9A CW only to test my homemade
SO2R interface and this year I wanted to use it to improve my score.

Had to run QRP to prevent RF insulation between my Radio 1 and Radio 2. Surely
LP should be better to obtain an higher score and a better qualification but as
I am still without filters I can not do better that this working SO2R. I
definitely need filters...will try to see how to improve the station to work
out a SOAB LP effort next time. Chasing mults with the second radio was really
useful and fun also because of the "poor" conditions on the higher bands when I
was on the air.

The set up used was:
FT-450 and FT-857D both @ 5W
10/15/20m threebander and 40/80m dipole plus a multiband wire tuned.

My 40/80 dipole do not usually work so well on 80m but fortunately this time I
was really impressed about the great work it did....maybe the great amount of
snow around it created a better ground plane.

Thanks all of you for working me and see you next contest ( hope to have
filters than ;-) )

73 Stefano IZ3NVR
http://digilander.libero.it/iz3nvr