[3830] 9A CW S56A SOAB LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Dec 19 07:38:04 PST 2010

                    Croatian CW Contest

Call: S56A
Operator(s): S56A
Station: S56A

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: home JN76GB

  160:    0     0
   10:    1     1
-------------------
Total:  357   115  Total Score = 122,245

I skiped 160 m although I have fond memories of W1BB and I like distance
scoring.  New Boring rule 6 emphasizing "man and radio only" saved me from roof
climbing and fixing 80/160 m trap dipole.  I enjoyed CW Expert robot testing
although 9A CW has no expert category.  S50ARX combined CW Skimmer and DX
Cluater spots used over internte fed by optical cable.  CQ WW CW story repeated
with initial audio problems due to faulty stereo T distributor.  Not much
response to SO2R alternate CQ with 100 W and antennas detuned from the fresh
snow.  Best perfprmance was achieved twice with R3CM calling me high speed.
Some information lost because of long manual keying pauses.  N1MM Logger uses
100% of GHz CPU for sending 30 wpm, 40 msec dots over COM port controls.  Not
much juice left for second radio RX processing.  One needs dual core CPU or
outside IC for good ole Morse TX in 21st century!

I quit 2 hours earlier as 9A5K didn't hear my 20 calls on 20 m.  My robot
responded to him lavishly on 80 m as I left ESM enabled.  Nice to work S55OO
remote again.  Also W1BCD club call on 3 bands sent by K1ZZ.  9A7V sole 10 m
QSO.

MX & HNY & 73 de Mario, S56A, N1YU on the way to London, UK