[3830] TBDC K9NW(@K9UWA) Single Op HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Dec 19 12:52:38 PST 2010

                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: K9NW
Operator(s): K9NW
Station: K9UWA

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Indiana

Total:  QSOs = 595  Total Score = 2,000

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

7 more QSOs than previous best two years ago.  But much less DX this time (by
about half) so maybe activity was up a bit (good!) or maybe I just mashed the
CQ button a whole bunch more this time.

52 EU
 2 JA
 2 SA
 1 OC

26 DXCC
239 Grids

Thought it was going to be a fairly strong EU kind of night with several in the
log in the first hour but the opening never really "opened."  While perfectly
copiable, none of the EU signals were particularly loud - I suppose I'd say
about average signals for about average condx.  Sigs perked up just a bit at
zone 14 sunrise but that was about it.  Thanks to all the ops that stuck with
the exchange through the QSB peaks and valleys - and especially to those that
came back later after unsuccessful attempts earlier.

Thanks again to John and Jean!!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

73, Mike K9NW