[3830] RAC Winter VE6RAC(@VE6JY) M/M HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Dec 19 13:14:35 PST 2010

                    RAC Winter Contest

Call: VE6RAC
Operator(s): VA6MA, VE6OH, VE6TR, VE6TCK, VE6WQ, VE6BF, VE6JY
Station: VE6JY

Class: M/M HP
QTH: Lamont, Ab

  160:   166    120     10         9
   80:   277    292     10        12
   40:   348    352      8        11
   20:   584    563     11        11
   15:   352    502      9        10
   10:    12      2      2         1
    6:     1      7      1         1
    2:     2     28      1         1
Total:  1742   1866     52        56  Total Score = 2,050,488

ops:  VE6OH VA6MA VE6TR VE6TCK VE6WQ VE6BF VE6JY

Lots of changes this year as the operating positions have been expanded a bit
which helped but also sort of caused more changes - since the recabling wasn't
finished and no serial cables in for networking TRlog style (our long time
logging program)- so the change was made to N1MM with a combination of ethernet
and wireless networking with 9 computers.  Altho I was questioning my wisdom of
changing, N1MM did perform perfectly and everyone made the switch without any
issues.

Bands and especially VE particiaption seemed good.  We worked 1140 VE's (and
lots of RAC stations) and 2047 US and some DX but not as much as in the past.

Ran 8 stations and were able to be present on both modes simultaneously on all
bands generally expected to be open, which all went according to plan.  Our 2
CW stations and ops ( Bill 'BF and Joel 'WQ) were sure kept busy and our CW
totals were almost equal to the SSB ones. Lack of interstation interference,
even within the same band was the best we've ever had, with the addition of
some special located antennas just for this purpose, so I don't think we QRM'd
ourselves too badly at all.  Joel put in many many hours in the RAC test and
then at 2359 we reconfigured  his setup and on he went in the Stew Perry 160m
test for another long stretch...

Other than 10m, the other bands were open and preformed as expected and hoped.
We were there for the brief 10m opening and CQ'd a bunch but we didn't get much,
but at least a few VE stations (VE2 land mainly) did get heard.

As always a lot of effort to get the station ready but always enjoy the results
and the comradery of the contest.  A number of ops who intended to make it out,
but had other commitments come up so we felt a bit short handed at times but
everyone got in lots of air time and there at least one body to take over for
those that needed a break.

Bets of the season to all, thanks for the contacts.

73 Don
VE6JY (alias VE6RAC for Dec 18th)