[3830] TBDC N9TF Single Op LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Dec 20 07:42:05 PST 2010

                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: N9TF
Operator(s): N9TF
Station: N9TF

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: IL

Total:  QSOs = 123  Total Score = 666

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

This years neighborhood Christmas party fell on the same night of the SPTBC, so
my time was limited. Signals seemed softer than usuall at my less then steller
160 station. Although, a few west coast stations built up pretty early. Went to
bed around 1:30am local with the goal of getting up at 5am local to look for AK
and KH6. Very dissapointing, not only did I not hear either one of those
sections, but i don't remember even hearing another west coast station between
5am and sunrise. Band seemed to have shortened up and signals seemed even more
attenuated. Still, had fun. wish I could have spent more time in the contest
during the meat of the contest. No DX heard at my station this time around.
Station conditions: Icom 756 ProIII 100 watts, antenna (only one) lazy sloping
inverted L with 35 foot vertical section running up along side the 35' tower
24" away.

73 Gene, N9TF