[3830] TBDC NA8V Single Op LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Dec 20 15:52:08 PST 2010

                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: NA8V
Operator(s): NA8V
Station: NA8V

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MI - EN83

Total:  QSOs = 339  Total Score = 1,602

Had fun!

A bit more DX would have been a good thing.  worked 18 dx in 13 countries,
longest was CE1/K7CA and E77DX.  Worked E77DX early, ~01z, not much else in EU
until +/- sunrise and then only G/GW/EI/ON/GD/F/TF, most on CQ's which was a
surprise.  no luck at all calling the 'big' EU stations early on, exc. E77.
Got KV4/FM/P4 in the carib and only thing west was KL7RA (good ears! he was
weak here @ 9z) and KH6LC.  Spent several minutes with JA3YBK, he got my
exchange as far as 'EN38' after many tries and i thought i was home free when
he sent 'nil' and moved on.  I was frustrated but couldn't blame him, he did
work hard for it.  This was exactly at my grey line.

Best hour was 64 near the beginning.  didn't start until 22z, was afraid of
running out of time.  should have been more concerned about staying awake.  Not
much to work after EU sunrise, thought there would be more West Coast.
Activity seemed down from the ARRL 160 but for me condx seemed a bit better.

Had no clue what my score might be until i downloaded the calculator today, but
i knew i worked 135 prefixes.

ts850 + inv L 32' vert. more 'vert' would make a big diff.

So, there was a 'Pre-Stew', will there be a 'post-Stew'?

greg/na8v