[3830] TBDC N7GP(N5IA) Single Op HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Tue Dec 21 22:35:15 PST 2010

                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: N7GP
Operator(s): N5IA
Station: NI5T

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: DM-52
Operating Time (hrs): 4:55

Total:  QSOs = 147  Total Score = 603

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

This report is for my 2nd operation outside the core QRP operation as N5IA.

The first hour of the contest, starting nearly an hour after sun-up yielded 35
Q's.

The afternoon operation 2 hours before sunset yielded 43 Q's.

The last two hours of the contest, after finishing the N5IA operation, yielded
69 Q's.

The highlight of the operation was being called by OH5VT at 1310 Z.  This was a
direct path as the signal was strongest (Q4 copy) on the 22 degree Beverage.  I
noted on the gray line program that northern Finland was in the gray line.  I
have never experienced that propagation and a contact with EU at that time of
the day before.

I know it happens at the northern latitudes but surely is not normal at this
QTH near the Mexican border.

Thanks for all the contacts.  We'll do it again a year from now.

73, Merry Christmas + a Prosperous and Happy New Year to everyone everywhere.

Milt, N5IA