[3830] CQ160 CW CR6A Multi-Op HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Tue Feb 2 12:25:57 PST 2010

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: CR6A
Operator(s): CT1GFK CT1GPQ CT1IUA
Station: CR6A

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: Faro, Algarve

Total:  QSOs = 1206  State/Prov = 52  Countries = 69  Total Score = 971,630

Club: Algarve STAR DX Team

Comments:

Our first CQWW 160 CW.
It is a contest that requires a great logistic due to the antennas size.
We manage a 56m high tower with some space for the beverages.
Some problems with the amplifier forced us to work some part of the contest
with low power.
It was extremely hard to assemble the beverages because the surrounding area
was covered in some places with 3m high bushes.
We were qrt on both days between 08:00 and 18:00. Usually only after 22:00 we
would start to work the first stations.

Despite all this we manage:
Total QSO: 1206
DXCC : 69
States: 52
Score: 971.630

Setup:
Tower 56m
TX antena: 1/4 vertical + delta loop
RX antenas: 2x Beverage 178m each, one to 45º (EU) and another to 310º USA
TX/RX: Icom 756 PRO3
Amp: Ameritron AL-1500

OP: CT1GFK, CT1GPQ, CT1IUA
A special thanks to CT1EHX And CT2HTN for their support.

Algarve STAR DX Team