[3830] CQ160 CW K6VVA Single Op HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Tue Feb 2 13:34:39 PST 2010

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: K6VVA
Operator(s): K6VVA
Station: K6VVA

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: RF Hole

Total:  QSOs = 120  State/Prov = 3  Countries = 3  Total Score = 10,010

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Less than 2 hours QRV between both nights.  Could not operate via remote due to
insufficient battery power and my Carolina Windom 160m had broken, so mostly
watched movies flaked out on the couch both nights.

In the last year, it seems that more of my neighhbors have installed electric
fences, QRN generating TV’s and other stuff.  During my limited QRV, about
every 5 to 7 Khz there was some kind of new QRN that never existed before.
Nothing else electronic has been added here, so it’s gotta be from neighbors.
 The low inverted L at the home QTH is QRN magnet ;-(

Ran 350w to 400w since my ALS-600S would go into fault status above that.

73 & Tnx for the Q's & Mults...

Rick, K6VVA * The Locust