[3830] CQ160 CW LZ9W Multi-Op HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Thu Feb 4 03:50:08 PST 2010

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: LZ9W
Operator(s): LZ1PM, LZ1UQ, LZ1ZD, LZ3FM
Station: LZ9W

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: nr Breznik
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  QSOs = 1322  State/Prov = 34  Countries = 88  Total Score = 935,000

Club: LZ CONTEST TEAM

Comments:

Condx worse than in 2009. It was snowing and that resulted in increased QRN
level both days.

Lot of POWER and wide sigs made mission almost impossible sometimes on a
extremely crowded band. Friday to Saturday night the USA landmark for us - K1LZ
was around 569-579 only. On Saturday evening things got better and K1LZ was back
to its normal 599 plus.Heard K1LZ for a first time Saturday night at 21.00 Z !
91 USA stns worked only and very few JAs / Asia stns, too.

With current rules that is not the contest one can seriously take part in from
LZ land :-(. We are too far away from USA here in most South Eastern part of
Europe.

Our thanks to LZ1ANA and LZ3UM for pre-contest station preparation.

Ops. Ivan LZ1PM, Mitko LZ1UQ, Krassi LZ1ZD and Plamen LZ3FM
Equipment
IC 775DSP and TS950SDX interlocked
PA - ACOM 2000A
Antennas - TX - Full size Delta Loop @ 50m
           RX - 340m ( 1000 ft ) Beverage to USA @ 3m
                Full size horizontal Loop - paralel to the ground @ 6m
                (in fact that is an excellent RX ant )

We have made a recording of entire contest and we'll be able to hear all the
action which was going on in every minute of CQWW 160m CW 2010 in EU.

See you all in WPX RTTY after app. two weeks time.

73, Mitko LZ1UQ
(posting translated and sent by LZ2CJ )