[3830] ARRL Jan VHF N8II Single Op LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Fri Feb 5 06:26:41 PST 2010

                    ARRL January VHF Sweepstakes

Call: N8II
Operator(s): N8II
Station: N8II

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: WV
Operating Time (hrs):

    6:  90     17
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  90     17  Total Score = 1,530

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

A lack of any openings, high SWR on the antenna, new noises from plasma TV's to
add to the line noise made this a pretty non-pleasurable event. The only grids
heard and not were KB1DFB in FN41 and a VE3 in FN03. Swtiching to CW eaked out
a Q with K1TEO and a few others. If the Rochester guys were on in any numbers,
they were not readable here. There was very sparse activity from anywhere
generally north and no activity heard from anywhere NW/W/SW of the FM06 - FN00
line all of which I worked. That was a new low for me in those directions.
PVRC activity seemed down a bit, especially on CW. Packrat activity seemed up a
bit. To the S/SE I did pretty well catching all of teh distant big regulars.
If I had CQ'ed forever, score might have hit 1900 or so. Thnaks for the Q's and
digging me out.

73, Jeff