[3830] NA Sprint CW K9MMS LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sat Feb 6 21:30:56 PST 2010

                    NA Sprint CW Contest - February

Call: K9MMS
Operator(s): K9MMS
Station: K9MMS

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: IL

   80:   88    75 m
   40:   99   100 m
   20:   55    60 m
---------------------

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Team: SMC #1

Comments:

It was difficult to stay at this for 4 hours, because of my being sleep-deprived
/ very tired before the contest.  (Not according to plan.)  I have always been
LP in the sprints, but I must try HP for this event sometime soon.  LP is
getting just too frustrating.  I missed the majority of "jump balls" that I
attempted, many of my CQs came up empty, and I missed out on attempting many
"couplets" -- often hearing no callers when I inherited a frequency.  I must
have sounded like QRP.  I guess you need to be really LOUD to keep any decent
rate in this event.  I had many times of 2 Qs per minute, and sometimes 3 per.
There were also too many times of 1, 2, or more minutes with no QSOs.  Very
frustrating.

The multipliers seemed to be rather sparse this time around.  I had a goal of
45 mults and 250 Qs, but no deal.  No ME (K1DG was at home, and I did not hear
K8PO).  Other mults missed / not heard were: VT, KY (no K4WW or K4FXN), AR
(none of the regulars heard), LA (where was Pat/WMU?), NM (never heard N2IC),
AK (no KL7RA or AL9A), ID, IA (never heard N0NI), ND, SD (where was
Todd/WD0T?).  Canada was really sparse -- I only worked VE3 a few times.

Thanks for the Qs and Ms.
73,
    Gary