[3830] NA Sprint CW K3STX LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Feb 7 07:04:37 PST 2010

                    NA Sprint CW Contest - February

Call: K3STX
Operator(s): K3STX
Station: K3STX

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MD

---------------------
Total:  68     Mults = 29  Total Score = 1,972

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team:

Comments:

Missed most of the night watching movies with my kids, all part of "getting my
priorities straight" thing I have been working on. But this contest is just so
damned fun I had to get on a little! Thanks to NCCC NS sessions the copying is
a piece of cake, now if only people could hear me.

Noticed, MORE THAN ONCE the station I just finished working answered someone
elses CQ about 100 Hz away; c'mon guys, you know the rules! Also got CLOBBERED
during in the middle of an exchange by guys CQing in my face. I think these
super-narrow filters make guys oblivious to the fact that there is someone 100
Hz away. Of course this super loud guy attracts attention and BAM!, my QSO is a
bust. I know it is a contest and the guy with the best equipment/skills wins,
but c'mon. Unlike the other Sprints, in which I can't wait till the next one,
this one left a sour taste in my mouth. And it's not the grapes.

paul

TS-850S
40/20 fan dipole up 40 feet; 160 M inverted L with tuner (I know, I know...)