[3830] MnQP K8MR Single Op LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Feb 7 08:36:52 PST 2010

                    Minnesota QSO Party

Call: K8MR
Operator(s): K8MR
Station: K8MR

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Ohio

  160:       3        0
   80:      35        5
   40:     124       17
   20:      17        0
  UHF:
-------------------------
Total:     179       22  Mults = 75  Total Score = 28,500

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Thanks to the MN guys for kicking off the 2010 State Party season (along with a
lot of other small states and BC, with whom I worked a few qsos but did not
bother logging them anywhere).

Good mobile activity with some very good ops. For much of the day I felt a
little too far from MN for good 40 meters, and too close on 20 except maybe to
the way way northwest counties.

Missed:  BEN, CRO, JAC, KIT, LIN, MAH, MRS, POP, REN, ROC, STV, WIL.  Heard a
couple of them but they couldn't hear me.

The pileups were quite awesome at times. I had decent luck/skill to get
through. Note to pileup busters: when there are several guys calling, exact
zero beat is not the way to do it!  I'd poke the XIT up 100 to 150 Hz, and had
good results.

Looking forward to my annual road trips for 2010: MI in April, OH in August, PA
in October. Might do WV again if I can find a bike riding driver to make a multi
purpose excursion out of it.

73  -   Jim   K8MR