[3830] NA Sprint CW W7RN(K7NV) HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Feb 7 11:57:13 PST 2010

                    NA Sprint CW Contest - February

Call: W7RN
Operator(s): K7NV
Station: W7RN

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: NV

---------------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team: Northern Calif Contest Club #1

Comments:

Thanks to K5RC for letting me play with the station!
For me it was challenging with a new station to learn, new radios, different
logging software, different SO2R control....

What a "root canal"!
Strange condx on 20 & 40.....few station were loud on 20, some were on 40.
I listened to 5 or more q's occur every freq until nobody called a station,
then I got heard. I heard everyone working NCCC guys & NCCC guys working SCCC
guys, but could not win one jump ball, until things got slow.

80m was better after spending the first 15 min straining to hear & work all
these really weak west coast guys. Then, Tom turned on the 80m receive antenna
and I could hear stuff, and was competitive in more of the pileups.

The best news of the evening was that there was only 4-5" of new snow that fell
during the contest, and one road off the mountain was still open (the preferred
one was shut down with wrecks). So. I did make it home thru the blizzard
(visbility ~ 50' until I got down to Reno) ;-)

It's not a contest, it's an adventure!

73, Kurt