[3830] RTTY WPX NQ7R SOAB LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Feb 14 18:51:16 PST 2010

                    CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: NQ7R
Operator(s): NQ7R
Station: NQ7R

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: AZ

   80:
   40:   55  150
   20:  190  284
   15:  131  224
   10:    5   13
-----------------
Total:  381  671  Prefixes = 227  Total Score = 152,317

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

I didn't decided to enter the contest until after 2300Z on Saturday, having
spent much of the day working 12m.  As a lark, I decided to see if I could make
a few contacts QRP and just keep going for the first 160 QSO's @ 5 watts,
finally realizing Sunday morning that there evidently is no QRP class for this
contest.  So the early part of the contest was a bit of a challenge to the
stations I called, especially on 40m.  Kudos to the following for pulling my 5
watts TO A CRAPPY VERTICAL, 40 METER  signal out of the noise: TM4P, I4IKW,
EA8URL, HG1S, RD0C, JA3LEB, truly amazing receivers.
     Once I realized my error, my 75 watts out was much more successful.  I
managed 3 hours of running on 15 and 20 at an average of 55/hr which helped the
score a lot.  One of those rare times when an NQ7 prefix comes in useful.
Antennas:  Butternut vertical on 40 and TH6DXX @ 50 ft 20-10
Radio ICOM 746