[3830] RTTY WPX K3MM(@N3HBX) SOAB HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Tue Feb 16 11:50:19 PST 2010

                    CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: K3MM
Operator(s): K3MM
Station: N3HBX

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: MD

   80:  383  1336
   40:  735  3540
   20:  670  1674
   15:  630  1733
   10:
-----------------
Total: 2418  8283  Prefixes = 781  Total Score = 6,469,023

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Congrats to Mike, K4GMH, for resetting the bar in this contest!

I'm afraid my head just wasnt in this one, along with some antenna issues on 20
and an amp problem.    The main stack on 20 was down and the secondary one was
questionable with high SWR, which didnt help.  Personal issues got me to John's
late and fairly exhausted already, so I started the contest about 3 hours late.
With all the off time, I didnt figure that would hurt much.  However, even once
I got on, I found I was having difficulty getting back in the groove
and...staying awake at the proper times!  I think if I had op'ed the first half
of the contest like the second half, I could have been dangerous.  But with Mike
about 700 Q's ahead of me at half-time, it was too little, too late.

15 meters was the highlight for me.  Great conditions and nice pileups. No
really rare DX, but worked many VK's on 20 longpath Sunday.

Ahh well, I'm comin' for ya next year Mike!  LOL!

73 all, Ty K3MM