[3830] ARRLDX CW W2IRT SOAB(A) HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Feb 21 16:14:44 PST 2010

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: W2IRT
Operator(s): W2IRT
Station: W2IRT

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: NJ
Operating Time (hrs): 22:16

Total:  933   368  Total Score = 1,030,032

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

Best single-day (Saturday) that I've ever had in any contest, but unfortunately
a family commitment meant only about 2 hours in total at the radio. Made the
most of 15 and 160 and had a blast Saturday night. Equipment was nearly perfect
except that I discovered a deer had munched on the southwest-leg of my K9AY loop
at some point, requiring a quick crimp-splice on Saturday afternoon. Rotor and
array behaved beautifully and the Microkeyer didn't let me down for once. Only
one slight glitch with N1MM that a reboot took care of about an hour in, which
I really should have done before the festivities started.

All in all, the best time I've had in the chair in years, even better than CQWW
last fall. Hoping for as-good-or-better condx for SSB in March.

Thanks to all who worked me and good luck to everyone!
Cheers,
Peter, W2IRT