[3830] ARRLDX CW K2QPN SOAB(A) HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Feb 21 16:36:42 PST 2010

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: K2QPN
Operator(s): K2QPN
Station: K2QPN

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: New Jersey
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  636   254  Total Score = 483,108

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

This was my most productive contest yet. The vertical was working exceptionally
well on 40 and 80. Maybe the snow improved the ground. The new Broadband Hex
Beam brought 10, 15 and 20 to life. Conditions continue to improve. Great
time.

Friday night was lost to my mother-in-law's 92nd birthday party. The XYL
insisted that I attend.

Murphy was not to be denied. Saturday morning the microKeyer refused to talk to
its keypad. While trying to fix that, N1MM stopped talking to the rig and the DX
cluster. After an hour and several reboots, things started to play nice. An omen
of things to come. Saturday night the shack PC started getting hard drive write
errors and crashed. I had recently replaced the HDD for this same problem. I
managed to recover the contest log and continued with a laptop. Two hours
lost.

73, Bob K2QPN