[3830] ARRLDX CW DF0CG(DL6FBL) SOSB/20 QRP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Feb 21 17:09:27 PST 2010

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: DF0CG
Operator(s): DL6FBL
Station: DR1A

Class: SOSB/20 QRP
QTH: JO31CQ

Total:  201    39  Total Score = 23,517

Club: Bavarian Contest Club

Comments:

This was interesting. As we are currently moving amplifiers around, there was no
active 20m amplifier today. Somehow I got this strange idea and wanted to try
out, how QRP 5 watts and a 5/5 stack are playing together... So I turned the
power of a FT-1000MP MkV down to 5 watts and at Sunday/1946z I started CQing
somewhere in the 14080's. Got two QSOs, but was driven away by someone else
taking the frequency. Went up to 14125 and got some more replies, but had to
move again. Finally on 14121 some good soul found me and put me in the cluster.
Being "fresh meat" of course the hell broke loose seconds later... The rate
jumped up over 250, and all the big guns went in the log. One by one, really
nice :-) After the first run it dried out somewhat, but the QSOs came in
fluently. Even a few W6/W7 found me. And I also noted a few QRP-to-QRP
contacts... From about 2130z until 2206z I tuned the band and called stations.
Most got me in the first call. Yet I had some repeats, and also a few who
didn't notice me at all. It was fun to almost hear the confusion of the OP,
when he had to take my 599 5 report, hi...

Nice experiment, but will be back to the "real world" soon... ;-)

73 Ben
DL6FBL
http://www.dr1a.com
http://www.facebook.com/DL6FBL