[3830] ARRLDX CW K4LY SOAB LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Feb 21 18:40:26 PST 2010

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: K4LY
Operator(s): K4LY
Station: K4LY

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: SC

Total:  930   270  Total Score = 751,680

Club: Carolina DX Assn

Comments:

First ARRL DX effort from SC.  Ran LP imstead of QRP to help club score.
Contesting on the cheap-  old, used  TS-850 and my recently acquired $60 TH3
THS at 70' plus Hygain Hytower plus 40M dipole at 60' and 160M inverted L, top
at 60'. Ten meters would not load Suday noon when CRs were Q5.  The 160M
inverted L not very good until I get top to 85', but then can't rotate 6M and
432 so it's only at 60'.  My software didn't score three TX4 mults, two TO4
mults and DP1POL mult so maybe had 276 mults. Sure was fun.
Doug K4LY ex-W0AH W2CRS