[3830] ARRLDX CW W7VJ SOAB HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Feb 21 19:07:50 PST 2010

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: W7VJ
Operator(s): W7VJ
Station: W7VJ

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: WA

  160:   12     9
Total: 1837   250  Total Score = 1,377,750

Had no intention of a serious effort, though the conditions tempered that.
Would have been super to do the whole contest. The rates were unreal at times
and openings to EU on 40, 20, and 15 is truly somethig that has been missing in
our contesting here in the Pacific Northwest for years.

Among the many highlights - too numerous to mention all - working N7ET/DU7 and
9M6XRO on 3 plus bands thanks to their calling; working HZ1PS on 15 and
verifying I wasn't hearng IZ1...5X1NH calling for a mult.  Mults on 10M, and
working friends DK9TN (constantly 20 over on 40m) and DQ4W; oh yes, and taking
my wife out to dinner on Saturday night local.

Station improvements showed their worth.  Now if we could rival propagation in
AZ and NV, we might have a chance to be competitive.. will dream of improving
conditions.

My thanks to all who called and those who heard me, as well as to those who
went on DX peditions.   Now for more 15 and new 10M openings to EU.

73,

Andrew