[3830] ARRLDX CW W0BH SOAB HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Feb 21 19:31:51 PST 2010

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: W0BH
Operator(s): W0BH
Station: W0BH

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: KS

Total:  650   203  Total Score = 395,850

We had company this weekend including a Saturday trip down to Oklahoma, so had
to make this part-time.  40 and 80 were wide open to Europe on Saturday
evening, and had some nice runs into Europe.  Same on 20 and 15 on Sunday.

A winter storm moved through on Saturday evening with some icing of antennas.
I had to keep the power down on 80m on Saturday evening, but kept off that
antenna all day Sunday until the last few minutes when I tried for one more
mult. Even more ice and ZAP, lost the ProIII transmit when the linear arced
out.  This time the ProIII didn't come back.

My overall country total was 77, with a few new ones for me.  It broke down
like this:

NA 15
SA 9
EU 41
AF 4
AS 4
OC 4

I worked 540 unique calls with five stations on 4 bands (9A1A CR2X PJ2T YT3M
ZF2AM) and three stations on 5 bands (6Y1LZ EE5E PJ4X).

My log has been uploaded to LOTW.  Thanks for the Qs!

73, Bob, w0bh