[3830] ARRLDX CW VE7AX SOAB(A) LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Feb 21 19:49:16 PST 2010

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: VE7AX
Operator(s): VE7AX
Station: VE7AX

Class: SOAB(A) LP
QTH: Nanaimo, BC

   80:    2     1
   40:    3     3
   10:    6     4
-------------------
Total:  243    97  Total Score = 70,713

This was a great event.  Thank-you sunspots! I had amazing fun with low power
and limited antennas - especially limited on 80 and 40 so an excuse to get a
good night's sleep both nights.  7:00AM to 10:00Am local time on 15 and 20
meters produced many very strong EU stations which I was mostly able to work -
made me remember Cycle 21 (the last time I was involved in contesting).  This
was my first contest taking advantage of telnet assistance - worked a number of
stations I probably wouldn't otherwise have known were present on the band.
I am gaining more and more confidence in my CW skills - I could be dangerous if
I keep improving (and get some more serious antennas/QTH). In the mean time its
all good - thanks everyone for the QSOs and for your patience.

Icom 756ProIII
Cushcraft R6000 vertical (base at house roofline - 24 feet) - 20 to 10 meters
Alpha-Delta DX-A wire (below roof line into small city lot back yard)- 40 and
80 meters - might resonate on 160m if I had a tuner the size of a refrigerator

microHAM KEYER II
N1MM logger